Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas Sewing

I decided this year to only make a few gifts because I am a terrible procrastinator and then I get stressed out and then suddenly Christmas is no fun anymore. What happened to the magic and relaxation of Christmases as a kid?




The first gift, a hobby horse or stick horse, was supposed to be from Eve and Chloe for Vienna but it ended up a little more complicated than I thought so I ended up making almost all of it. It turned out really cute.



Vienna named her Pinkie Pie. The girls all love My Little Pony: Friendship is magic.


The other gift I made was for our sibling gift exchange. I picked my brothers girlfriend.  I don't know her very well so it was a little stressful to make a homemade gift. What if she doesn't like it after all the work I put in? She didn't come up to Edmonton for Christmas so I left her gift open so I could get a little positive feedback from my mom and sister before sending it off.




It was a cute ruffled apron (made from bedsheets) and an earing holder made from a picture frame and some vintage lace and a soup mix and a brownie mix.  I heard the other day that she did like it.



PS The girls are back to school, I think I am having a harder time adjusting than they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment