Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Birthday

This sweet girl here (my neice) just turned 5. She had a Fancy Nancy party.




 She loves all things frilly and twirly and purple.  I knew she wanted a pillow pet and started looking around for one. The cheapest I could find was still too expensive for my DIY tastes, so I sarted looking through my scraps. I searched "pillow pet tutorial" but didn't find much help there so I just kinda winged it.




It turned out so much cuter than I thought it would! I just kept staring at it and being amazed that I actually made something that cute.




I think she turned out a little Eyore-ish. If that's a word.
















I think she loved it though.  Happy Birthday Ellie!



Sorry, please forgive the terrible picture quality.  I forgot to take pictures until after the party was over. By that time it was getting a little gloomy.


1 comment:

  1. Eyore-ish or not, it is adorable! Can you recommend any good sewing books? I'm just getting into the craft myself and I'd love to find some good sources of instruction, but most of all inspiration. This is Katey- NOT Jason!

    ReplyDelete